Approaches to Leukemia Care
Leukemia is a heterogeneous group of hematologic malignancies that arise from the dysfunctional proliferation of developing leukocytes. It is classified as either acute or chronic and as myelocytic or lymphocytic. Treatment depends on the type of leukemia but generally involves chemotherapy. This activity reviews the evaluation and treatment of leukemia and highlights the role of the interprofessional team in evaluating and treating patients with this condition.
The target audience includes hematology/oncology physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, transplant clinicians, and other members of the multidisciplinary cancer care team who are involved in the diagnosis and management of patients with AML.
- Identify the epidemiology of leukemia.
- Review the appropriate evaluation of leukemia.
- Outline the management options available for leukemia.
- Describe interprofessional team strategies for improving care coordination and communication when treating patients with leukemia.
Marcello Rotta, MD
Disclosure: There are no relevant financial relationships to report for those individuals in a position to control the content of this CME Activity
Accreditation: The HCA Healthcare Continental Division is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation: The HCA Healthcare Continental Division designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Commercial Support: This Activity was developed without support from any ineligible company.*The ACCME defines ineligible companies as those whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. Note: The ACCME does not consider providers of clinical service directly to patients to be commercial interests – unless the provider of clinical services is owned, or controlled by, and ACCME defined ineligible company.
Disclosure: The HCA Healthcare Continental Division is committed to providing CME that is balanced, objective, and evidenced-based. In accordance with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education Standards for Integrity and Independence all parties involved in content development are required to disclose all conflicts of interest with ACCME defined ineligible companies. The HCA Healthcare Continental Division has identified, reviewed, and mitigated all conflicts of interest that speakers, authors, course directors, planners, peer reviewers, or relevant staff disclose prior to the delivery of any educational activity. The CME planning committee who are in a position to control the content of this CME Activity, have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™HCA Healthcare Continental Division is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
HCA Healthcare Continental Division designates this Enduring material for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 Attendance
- Register for the activity and create a profile including login/password.
- Review the required accreditation information: Target audience, learning objectives, and disclosure information.
- Complete the entire activity.
- Complete the post-test assessments.
- Successfully pass the post-test with a minimum score of 70%.
- Complete the evaluation survey.
- Obtain a certificate.